List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Kdeextargear-libs-1 KDE cvs module handbooks unvailable online
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-10-12 15:28:16

On Thursday 07 October 2004 20:13, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Thursday 07 October 2004 19:59, Rainer Endres wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am working on it.
> >
> > Unfortunatly, there was much higher priority (payed) work coming my way.
> > I want to replace the static built webpage with a dynamic version which
> > is able to adapt more easily to changes. Jep, I want to avoid the current
> > situation in th future.
> >
> > ATM, adding new languages requires many changes, as does adding new
> > packages.
> >
> > There are plans to get away from ktown.kde.org, since building the docs
> > puts a heavy load on it. (ktown handles maillists and many other stuff
> > already) Especially when automatic PDF generation comes in place, too.
>
> The guidelines group have been fighting with exact this problem, and the
> solution is nothing one pulls off in a minute, AFAICT. There are useful
> information on the kde-guidelines list posted by me from investigations,
> but I can't find the archive. Any ideas where it can be found?

But the sysadmin knew. These mails is a good start:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-guidelines/2004-September/000039.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-guidelines/2004-October/000049.html

And here's the thread in its whole:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-guidelines/2004-September/000025.html

I will at some point look at if Forrest can improve the situation. If you find
out anything I don't know -- don't hesitate to drop me a mail.

Cheers,

		Frans