List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Release schedules, Was: Zombie module?
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries () kde ! nl>
Date:       2004-09-28 21:36:49

Op dinsdag 28 september 2004 23:14, schreef Erik Kjær Pedersen:
> If I want koffice in
> Danish and do not do my own compile I have to install the koffice-i18n rpm,
> and similarly for each of the programs in kdeextragear. I believe very few
> people do that, and I am beginning to think it is not worth it to translate
> anything that does not get released with the main releases, because that is
> as far as I can tell the only thing that ever gets seen by anybody.

Koffice has indeed a seperate i18n package, but all the apps in kdeextragear
don't.

AFAIK those applications distribute all available languages (at least the
should) with the rpm-package.

kdekiosk that comes with SuSE 9.1 for example is in Dutch after installing the
rpm package.

Having one huge kde-i18n package for all apps in kde-cvs also has
disadvantages; if you don't want to use all modules, you end up with lots of
mo-files and documentation that don't belong to any application installed.

AFAIK Gnome does not use the concept of a large seperate l10n-module

Rinse