List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [Idea] Translation manager
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-09-08 7:09:08

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 23:59, Rinse de Vries wrote:
> Op donderdag 7 oktober 2004 19:04, schreef Tom Albers:
> > I've got an idea for a new kde-project. I've discussed it with a few
> > people (Cornelius, Rinse, Bram) and since they react positive, I have
> > made up this overview so everyone can comment on the idea. What I really
> > need is a developer willing to write the code and maintaining that code
> > in the future.
>
> I think it is a great idea.
> The benefit of translations is that it is plain simple to update them: just
> grab the  po-file, do a msgfmt -o and place the created mo-file in the
> correct directory.

Personally what I still do not like is the dependency to msgfmt, as I suppose
that only few real users have gettext-devel (or similar) installed.

And generating the .mo files means that there must be some computer power.
Stephan Kulow had repeatly written that Scripty was already doing too much...

(...)

Have a nice day!