List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [Idea] Translation manager
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-07 17:16:51

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:04:48 +0200, Tom Albers wrote:

>When a user chooses to update a translation, the application could fetch the
>newest translation from cvs, compile it and install it.
>There could also be an automatic update feature. Which checks for updated
>translations automatically once a week or so, since it is a seperate
>application it is possible to use the systray and use the notifications.

I may be missing something (little time), but is this really meant as a
possibility to commit translations to CVS for about everyone (ie
bypassing the whole system of coordinators etc. to keep translations as
consistent as possible)? If so, I think it is out of the question. If
not, why would anybody do such work just for the fun of it and for
private use? (Or to phrase it differently: Why would such a user need
translations in the first place or care for it?)

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/