List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Inconsistent use of case in acronyms
From:       Vedran =?utf-8?q?Ljubovi=C4=87?= <vedran-liste () smartnet ! ba>
Date:       2004-08-30 12:58:28

Ok, here's a fine example:
kdeaddons/kcmkontactknt.po

#: summarywidget.cpp:58
msgid "No rss dcop service available.\n"
"You need rssservice to use this plugin."

You can't claim that "rss" and "dcop" are pronouncible or that they're
backronyms.

Or another one:
kdeadmin/kuser.po

#: editGroup.cpp:72
msgid "Group rid:"

In the very same file RID is sometimes written in upper case and sometimes
not. If I didn't know the context, I would actually be confused by this
string. "Get rid of the group?" "Get rid of users in groups?" :) (Maybe it
sounds better to native speakers)

As I said, there are hundreds of such cases and I don't feel like opening a
bugzilla report for each one.