List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Improving KDE with translators
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2004-08-22 10:38:22

Op zondag 22 augustus 2004 09:04, schreef Gérard Delafond:
> I know this idea of classifying the quality of the translation is not
> popular among translators, is hard to do well, but it would improve KDE's
> credibility.

I've skipped a few messages in this thread, so excuse me for making duplicate
remarks, but why in the world would be need a classification?

 I think the user will allways prefer there native languagage or the language
the feel happy with. I can not image one user making an other choice in there
prefs depending on the classifying system.

And I don't like the general idea at all. We have some criteria which new
languages have to reach to be included and that system is fine.

What's next? Five star translations teams have a veto on some topics? Or do we
start a support system for one star translation teams so they can reach two
star?

You started the thread with a remark how important the docs are. Though in
your rating system docs seem to be less important than the gui. That is
weird.

Tom Albers
kde.nl