List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: most of CVS is readonly now
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-05 14:42:52

Am Donnerstag 05 August 2004 16:23 schrieb Federico Zenith:

> <rant>
> I'm not aware if English has a different flavour over here - but "message
> freeze" sounds to me like "messages are frozen". Changing trivial strings
> just before the total freeze is a behaviour really insulting to the work of
> the i18n teams. My group worked hard to get to a 100% GUI translations -
> and now we get fuzzies and untranslated we cannot fix. That's very
> demotivating. </rant>
You're also talking about the kommander version string? You're creating a
pretty large bubble for that. Hell! Some developers happened to mark it's
version number for translation and it was noted too late to fix. Is that
really worth a revolution instead of sending a patch as suggested?

Greetings, Stephan