List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: using xgettext
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-07-26 6:35:55

xgettext does not know i18n() by default.

You need:
-kl18n -kI18N_NOOP
as parameters

Probably you need:
--from-code=UTF-8
too

Note also that KDE knows strings with context like:
i18n("context", "text")
However an unpatched xgettext does not know how to handle that.
(The patch is in kdesdk/scripts, as such it seems only to work on older
version of xgettext 0.10.)

Have a nice day!