List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kolourpaint
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-07-23 19:02:14

On Friday 23 July 2004 20:07, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Friday 23 July 2004 17:08, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> > Fredag 23 juli 2004 14:04 skrev Jeroen Wijnhout:
> > > The standard response would probably be to look at the About box in the
> > > application. You need to run those apps to test your translation
> > > anyway.
> >
> > There are lots of cases where it is very hard to figure out where a
> > translations is being used. For kile I use it a lot myself being a
> > professional mathematician (I love that program), but in many other cases
> > it is extremely difficult.
> >
> > There is a huge number of trivial corrections that are giving the
> > translators very large amounts of work (e.g. don't -> do not), so I don't
> > actually think it would be particularly unreasonable to ask the
> > developers of being more aware og i18n issues e.g by subscribing to this
> > list.
>
> Well, there is KDE Bugs. (It also has addresses...)

That was not a good answer. :-(

But for simple things like replacing "don't", you can probably ask directly
Stephan Binner (binner@kde.org) who does "Style Guide" fixes quite often.
(And of course there is also Malcolm Hunter and others who take care about
spelling errors.)

(What I try to mean is that open source development does not mean that all
problems must go always back to the developer.)