List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kolourpaint
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-07-23 13:46:28

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Federico Zenith wrote:
> As a side rant, I would also like to see programmers using more comments,
> _especially_ with such substitutions, but in general with all short messages.

It's terribly important that in these cases you _clearly ask_ the
programmer what she or he means, and that you point out how the string in
question is problematic. Just like the styleguide - programmers don't
memorize the rules before starting, and it's important to tell them when
and how they break the rules. This is called training. Think of them as
puppies.

In other words, poke them, prod them, gently, whenever something seems
wrong. I _do_ think it's too much to ask developers to subscribe to this
list as well.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE