List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translations on kde 3.3
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-07-19 12:06:12

áMonday 19 July 2004 11:37, ðëúá òì éãé Heiko Evermann:
> Hi Diego,
> We will start with the first language into which there is a translation of
> app. So you will not get Hebrew from kdelibs in either choice for your
> untranslated app, so that in both cases you can get your app in LTR, if no
> Hebrew translation was started.
ok... I got lost in all those big words :)

about the text:
"
add a Group "translation handling" with a text and two radio buttons:
text:" "When the translation of a program into your favorite language is
incomplete"
radio button 1:"fill the gaps with translations drawn from Second/third
choice language, whereever possible."
radio button 2: "pick the first language into which the program is
partially translated and fill the rest with US-English"
"

How about a single check box with a text similar to this:
"always uses translations from the system"

If this check box is marked, the application will use the strings from
kdelibs.po, even if there is no translation for the application itself.
Otherwise...well I know I would leave this checkbox unmarked ;-)

>PS: yesterday I built KDE Head from CVS, but my file system is inconsistent.
>I hope to fix the problem with kdelibs till this weekend.
he he...
Now you understand the problems I had, this is why I could report this problem
only in almost-rc-stages :-)

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/