List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KTurtle and KLogoTurtle docs
From:       Jose Nuno Coelho Pires <jncp () netcabo ! pt>
Date:       2004-06-19 20:49:21

> KLogoTurtle is indeed obsolete while KTurtle in kdeedu is going to
> be the KDE Logo interpreter. KTurtle was based on KLogoTurtle hence the
> similarities.
Ok, I thought so! Thanks for the clarification, anyway :)

> KTurtle doc is already quite good and will be difficult to translate maybe.
Well, at least I have it 67% translated. Maybe I can finish it this weekend,
until further modifications

> As we speak of KTurtle: in the Logo language, one unique feature is that
> commands (keywords like forward or clean or print) can be translated in
> every language so it's easy for kids to use Logo.
Yes, I realized that while translating the documentation; that feature is
mentioned there.

At the moment, the PT team is focused at the translation of documentation and
GUI only. Further translations for KDE modules (sounds, images, data files)
will be performed at a second phase.

When we reach such phase, we'll gladly translate the KTurtle commands as well.

> So you are invited to translate those commands and even further work can be
> done: you can also translate the keywords in the KTurtle source and the
> highlight file as well as the examples. Please see:
> http://edu.kde.org/kturtle/translation.php
> I'll be happy to answer any question about KTurtle and the kdeedu module in
> general.
Thank you. I appreciate your effort and feedback.

> We still have to sort out some i18n problems in kdeedu, some are related to
> mathematical expressions as / (division) and also to English expressions.
> KmPlot is the problematic one at the moment as the authors are German. They
> use 'derivative' and 'anti-derivative' for example but we are not sure
> these are the right terms in English. If you find any controversial string,
> we'll be happy to hear your suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> annma
Ok.

Best regards,