List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    kbabel in kde-3.2.0
From:       kizito <kompyuta () kizito ! freeuk ! com>
Date:       2004-05-15 22:50:06

Hello,

I have been using kbabel in KDE-3.1.1 to translate various messages
(fileutils, findutils and coreutils so far). The tool has worked fine. Now
that I have installed KDE-3.2.0, the kbabel there refuses to acknowledge
my .po compendium. This is at:

              /home/projects/nls/po/compendia/lg/lg.messages

The kbabel in KDE-3.1.1 did. I have applied the patch that edits some .cpp
files but this does not change kbabel's behaviour. Its says:

        Error while trying to read file for PO Compendium module:
        file:/home/projects/nls/po/compendia/lg/lg.messages

I have also now lost the use of the kbabel in KDE-3.1.1, which now won't even
run, it complains that it is unable to open an editor. I have tried
re-installing KDE-3.1.1 but this doesn't help :-(

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Kizito