List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    "Upper Sorbian" in different languages
From:       "Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar" <e.werner () rz ! uni-leipzig ! de>
Date:       2004-04-26 11:54:33

Hi all,

I just had a look at the entry.desktop for Upper Sorbian (hsb).
Dear fellow translators, please check what you have entered here. I can see
that in most of the languages I speak (more or less), like Italian,
Hungarian, Russian and Polish, the translations are plainly wrong which is
enough to shake my confidence in what's provided for the languages I don't
know anything about.

Please note that Sorbian is *not* Serbian. We are a Western-Slavonic minority
living in Germany, our language is called "Obersorbisch" in German,
"górnołużycki" in Polish, "verchnelužickij" in Russian, "aukštutiniu,
sorbiu," in Lithuanian (at least by my wife - can't find that u nosinė,
sorry) and I distinctly remember that Sorbian is "szorb" in Hungarian, so I
doubt "felnémet" is correct (since "német" is "German"). Similarlny doubtful
seem some other translations but I don't know these languages well enough.

Cheers

Edi
--
Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar
Institut für Sorabistik, Universität Leipzig

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that
don't.