List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kde 3.2 lang lists
From:       Najmi <md_najmi () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-01-17 1:37:13

--- Thomas Diehl <thd@kde.org> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2004 10:14 schrieb Najmi:
>
> > for ms_MY,I really sad to say that I can't promise
> > anything good for the l10n.
> >
> > If I can't finish the l10n,is it absolutely the
> l10n
> > will not be included?
>
> So far, even a language that did not meet the
> requirements could
> be included anyway "on special request of the
> maintainer" if
> (s)he thought the overall impression is "good enough
> for general
> use" and/or (s)he wanted to attract new translators.
> (See
> Guntupalli Karunakar's posting on Hindi which I
> would support).
> Not sure about Stephan's opinion on this, however.

Just read Guntupalli's post.

Yeah,sure I want it to be included! Those l10n almost
80-90% blow up my sweat! . :)
It is good to have KDE in ms_MY when we already have
Gnome and other Gnu software running in Malay. :)

Even one guy told me he only want to use KDE when it
is  in Malay lang-well that's too much :p

> > I understand,that this is the policy. But I
> frankly
> > said that my workload is really not give me
> convinient
> > room to do the l10n.
>
> You are aware that there will be the usual series of
> bug fix
> releases (3.2.x) starting in few weeks from a
> 3_2_BRANCH and
> that any language can be included then which does
> not make it
> this time?

I aware,but as inexprienced translator (as this is the
first time we will have KDE in Malay),I just need more
RTFM then ;)

Regards,
Najmi

=====