List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Errata in khelpcenter_userguide_first_impressions
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-24 18:33:39

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 12.13, Gérard Delafond wrote:
> Sorry to post it here, but I hav no easy Web access to make a correct bug
> report.

I've made a patch to fix the typos, however, I don't understand the issue with
this one:

> 60
> Allowing the application to be
> killed in this manner will most likely allow you back into the desktop
> however, so you can check in a terminal window and clean up any remaining
> processes.
> =>Means nothing.
> Looks like it should be "...desktop. However..."

Breaking it in two sentences will definitely not make sense, and it seems
quite clear as it is, once you know the context.

It means:
"Allowing the application to be killed in this manner (that is xkill, or
kwin's window killer, as just described in the previous line) will allow you
back into the desktop (in case your entire KDE session was previously locked,
denying you this access), from where you can check in a terminal window if
the window you just killed left behind any processes (as it was just
mentioned that killing windows in this manner can, in fact, leave behind
stray processes that are still running but no longer showing a window)"

If it's still not clear, I'll have a go at rephrasing it.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/