List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: GPLNotice
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2003-12-08 14:35:23

Mandag 08 december 2003 08:06   skrev Henrique Pinto:

> On Sunday 07 December 2003 23:55, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > As far as I know, this notice must appear in English, because only the
> > English version is legally binding.
>
> There was an "official" translation of the GPL into Brazilian Portuguese,
> approved by the FSF. Does this mean that it is legal to include the pt_BR
> version, or does it still have to be the English version?

Legally binding is of course defined related to a countrys laws, and even
though FSF says only the Enbglish version is legally binding there are many
countries where it is only legally binding if it is in the language of the
country, so it is nonsense to say only the English version is legally
binding. Legally binding in what legal system is the relevant question

Erik