List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kde-i18n-doc Digest, Vol 5, Issue 24
From:       "Sajith V.K" <sajith_vk () linuxmail ! org>
Date:       2003-08-25 15:17:43

Hi,

>>The issue is that Indic language
> > rendering support is not available in any stable qt
> > versions. Qt 3.2 beta2 supports indic language rendering.
> > There was a lot of errors in rendering indic
> > Malayalam. We managed to patch some of them,and and
> > informed the qt team about the bug. Now its ok, malayalam
> > rendering is possible in qt cvs.
>
> Qt 3.2.0 is out since more than 4 weeks (and 3.2.1 will be out this week). So
> you can't really say there is no support for it in a stable Qt version.
>
> Cheers,
> Lars

  Sorry for the mistake. I am using qt compiled from cvs
So i didn't tryed qt3.2. I will test it with in few days.
Is there anybod else working for KDE malayalam localization.

We a small group working for handling issues in malayalam
computing, wishes to start a malayalam(ml_IN) localization
initiative for kde.

 We have translated Gnome to a good extent and thus have a
good compendium of message translation.
Can I use this compendium for kde too?
How can I get pot files needed for translation?
(I think I can start working for kde localization
next month onwards.)

"Freedom matters"