List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: A different view of translation process
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-20 15:33:40

Am Wednesday 20 August 2003 16:04 schrieb Caslav Ilic:

> As for technical problems of achieving this, I could explain what I have
> encountered (and solved) so far, but I think it would be better if those
> interested would ask questions first, in order not to prejudice them.
You overlook one little detail: translators work most of the time on released
branch, e.g. KDE_3_1_BRANCH - only if they are satisfied with it, they go
on and translate HEAD. So all you suggest is basically already there.

Another little thing you forgot is: translations need testing just as much as
sources, so translations get better when they join the beta cycle.

KDE 3.2.0 will very likely contain only few languages and those translations
will contain many issues - just like the programs within KDE 3.2.0, but
translators will fix their bugs and polish their work for KDE 3.2.1, 3.2.2,
etc - just like we did before.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화