List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: plural
From:       Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre () nbi ! dk>
Date:       2003-05-05 15:52:11

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> But in every language! To fix this problem in the
> translation layer _does not make sense_!

I disagree.  Letting the individual translation teams decide
if they want 0/zero/none to be separate case is what makes
most sense (given the KDE Gettext architecture).

I think that the Danish team (aka Erik) would like to have
"ThreeForm" (n=0, n=1 and n>1) as an option.  Why not make
the few additions to "klocale.cpp" that makes that possible?

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"I've got _plenty_ of common sense!"