List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: plural
From:       Michal Rudolf <mrudolf () mercury ! ci ! uw ! edu ! pl>
Date:       2003-04-30 20:35:16

Erik K. Pedersen, śro, 30 kwietnia 2003 20:11:
>Onsdag den 30. april 2003 19:14 skrev Michal Rudolf:
>> And for some messages this form is not necessary (some numbers cannot be
>> 0). If we don't want "0 replacements done", it should be easy to add
>> appropriate string in sources. That won't break current plural messages
>> and allow us to add additional strings only if necessary.

>Does not matter. This only means %n never takes the value 0. So what?
It means we will never have "0 replacements done" - and that is the string
we want to avoid.

> I agree it would be a big effort in English, but in other languages it
> would be essentially trivial as far as I can tell.
Why it would be trivial? If we really want "No replacements done" for %n=0,
it would mean that we need to add another string for %n=0 for each plural
message for every language. We will have 3 forms for English, 4 for Polish
etc.

--
Michał Rudolf