List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: doc translation
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-23 19:07:07

Am Wednesday 23 April 2003 21:05 schrieb Erik K. Pedersen:
> Onsdag den 23. april 2003 20:50 skrev Stephan Kulow:

> > > I don't know. Somehow xml2pot takes an extra \\n out, but I don't know
> > > why.
> >
> > The \n is part of the literal docbook. The msgid you see is correct.
> >
> > Greetings, Stephan
>
> But when I run update_xml on it I get
> po2xml ../kdesdk/doc/kbabel/using.docbook
> da/messages/docs/kdesdk/kbabel_using.po
> translation not there, descaped='Vybraný %n súbor\n
> Vybrané %n súbory\n
> Vybraných %n súborov'
> ./update_xml: line 115:  1354 Aborted                 po2xml ../$i $t
>
> >temp.xml
>
> and msgmerge -i can not handle the pot-file that xml2pot produces.
> Since it is an example I just copy it without translation

coolo@othello#kdesdk>msgmerge -i -o kbabel_using.po kbabel_using.po
kbabel_using.po
............... done.
msgmerge: warning: The following msgid contains non-ASCII characters.
                   This will cause problems to translators who use a character
encoding
                   different from yours. Consider using a pure ASCII msgid
instead.
                   VybranÜ %n sà bor\n
                   Vybranà %n sà bory\n
                   VybranÜch %n sà borov

It works fine. The warning you see will be removed in the next gettext version
as it's simply bogus.

po2xml is broken indeed, but you was talking about xml2pot.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu мир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화