List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Kroupware translations
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-02-12 0:00:13

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 16:40, Funda Wang wrote:
> mutz> That indicates that there might be demand for a
> mutz> Kroupware release with translations other than German
> I'd suggest you/coolo write a script to do this.

I've got no idea how to do this ;-)

> I've checked cvs, and find that most of your files marked with
> kroupware_branch tag are same as those marked KDE_3_1_BRANCH, taking
> a view from translators, in which the line numbers are just comment
> which will might never be thought.

Where in CVS did you look? kde-i18n/de/messages/kdenetwork e.g. is
branched and while it's true that the majority of strings hasn't
changed, you will find a lot of new strings, compared to 3_1_BRANCH.
~60 of them are still fuzzy, last time I checked.

If you're talking about kdenetwork itself: There, only the kmail/ subdir
is branched, but there are subdirs that are only in the
kroupware_branch (and HEAD):
 kioslaves, ktnef (not sure the latter needs translations)
In kdepim, at least korganizer and kpilot are branched. See
kroupware.kde.org (client howto) for the exact description.

It's OK if you don't intend to translate kroupware_branch, but saying
nothing changed in there is a - well - little understatement. The
kroupware project volume is currently estimated at around three
man-years.

As a very rough guess, you can expect around 200 new strings.

> So, it is better to just take those files in KDE_3_1_BRANCH, and
> merge them with your current templates. Then, the result be marked
> with kroupware_branch for all supported languages.
> .

Better than what? I understand that is exactly what we did for the
German translations already...

I propose you ask Kalle <kalle@kde.org> for the details I can't provide,
as he's the one in charge of the (German) translation of kroupware
currently.

Marc

--
It has become fashionable in the post Cold War world to label
opponents as terrorists [...]. By doing so, the authorities instill