List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Translation for kdeaccessibility
From:       Gunnar Schmi Dt <gunnar () schmi-dt ! de>
Date:       2003-02-04 17:17:08

Hello,

The KDE Accessibility Project is currently moving towards their first release.
Today we have reached the i18n string freeze, so that the translation can
start. (Parallel to the translation we will publish a beta version in the
next few days.)

Currently the kdeaccessibility module consists of three applications
(KMagnifier, KMouseTool and KMouth, of whom KMouth is the largest).
Apart from the GUI messages and the documentation KMouth contains some
standard phrasebooks (KMagnifier and KMouseTool do not have any extra data).

As I do not know if the current location and the method of loading them are
suitable for translated phrasebooks:
The phrasebooks are currently located in CVS in the directory
kdeaccessibility/kmouth/books/ and exist in two languages (English and
German). During the installation they will be placed into the directories
$(kde_datadir)/kmouth/books/en/ and $(kde_datadir)/kmouth/books/de/. Each of
these directories will contain a ".desktop" file which gives the screen-name
for that directory (e.g., "English" for the directory "en/").

I assume that the German version of the phrase books were better moved into
the kde-i18n module? Is the technique of looking for .desktop files suitable
for translation?

If the phrasebooks do not delay the translation too much I would like to ask
for a translation of kdeaccessibility until Friday, Febuary 28. If any
translation teams need more time for the translation, please drop me a
message.

Gunnar Schmi Dt

P.S.
Please CC the kde-accessibility mailing list as I assume that the people on
that list are intrested in the topic of this mail, too.