List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translation GUI in Piemonteis
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-09-19 7:23:28

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 21:48, Massim Vana wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> It was not my intention to create a big discussion for just a language.

A discussion is always good. Free software is nice because people are able to
express their opinions and have the right to disagree.

> (...)
> Maybe is crazy to use space and effort for this language and not for others
> but I'm not interested in other language.

Then I would say that you should go ahead and show up again in a few months
with at least enough kdelibs and kdebase translated. According to our (new)
rules, you would then qualify for inclusion. But beware! Starting a new
language is really a lot of work. You've been warned....

Who disagrees? I would like to remind everyone that we already have regional
languages like Basque, Catalan and Nynorsk, and that people are working on
Frisian, so I see no reason to handle Piemonteis differently. Please also
keep in mind that I'm only applying the rules we just discussed, I'm
expressing no personal taste in favour or against Piemonteis.

--
Éric Bischoff
KDE : ad expugnandum tabulam scriptoriam suam