List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translation gUI in Piemonteis
From:       Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.hunter () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-09-18 22:55:38

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 20:54, Lauri Watts wrote:
> I agree.  It's not wasting resources, because people who are set on
> translating KDE to piemontes likely won't turn around and join the Italian
> team when their efforts are rebuffed, they will continue to argue their
> case. It's like the argument that pops up on the kde lists sometimes about
> "Why is there people making eye candy icons, when khtml has bugs in?" - the
> answer, because the people who *can* make eye candy icons, are not the ones
> who *can* fix khtml bugs, so advancement in one has nothing to do with the
> other.

It's more a case of "I'm not interested in doing that" rather than "I'm not
able to do that". An artist probably can't fix code, but surely if Massim can
translate to an Italian dialect, he can translate to Italian. Help -> About
KDE says "The K Desktop Environment is written and maintained by the KDE
Team". It would be nice if people had the attitude "How can I help?" rather
than "I want to do my own thing". Don't Italian speaking people think it
would be nice to have a completely Italian KDE?

Regards,
Malcolm
--
KDE Proof Reading Team