List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdelibs.po
From:       Arash Zeini <a.zeini () farsikde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-02 11:21:38

On Monday 02 September 2002 02:10 pm, Malcolm Hunter wrote:

> On Monday 02 September 2002 10:39, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> > Do I understand this correctly. To make the plural system work there has
> > to be the two lines in English. It does not actually matter whether or
> > not we translate the first line since it will never be used.
>
> No. Just the one line (the translator: comment) is to be left untranslated.
> So just put in your translation for the 2nd line.

To come back to my initial question again, which somehow seems to be related;
in the message below, the only way to avoid an error for the argument check,
is to take over both messages but to delete the line break. If I take over
the line break or translate just one line, then this entry will be marked as
'faulty'. But I guess from plural handling point of view this solution might
not be clean! Any comments?

#: kio/kio/defaultprogress.cpp:255 kio/kio/defaultprogress.cpp:269
_n: %1 / %n file\n
%1 / %n files
---
%1 / %n file