List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Anyone working on devnagri
From:       Pankaj Kaushal <pankaj () sarai ! net>
Date:       2002-09-02 6:38:08

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 04:53:37PM +0530, G Karunakar wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 14:54, Pankaj Kaushal wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > 	I want to work for KDE devnagri(Hindi as in india)
> > 	translation. If  there anyone already working on it?
> > 	I would like to collaborate.
> >
>  Quite some time back had done some work ( based on font encoding )
> along with the current Hindi coordinator. Nowadays busy with Gnome 2
> stuff. One of our translators has translated kdelibs.pot on paper (this
> is a 2.2 one), so it has to be updated. But idea now is to reuse gnome
> translations. I have already got the HEAD templates, will see to what
> extent they can be reused.
please fwd me the stuff I am trying to make head and tail of this issue
but cant figure out how to start and what to do? dont point me
to the KDE translation HOWTO its kinda ...... if you have tips
or already done work that i can add on to tell me.

the other day i was browsing the mandrake website and their hindi bit
they have orrganised it really well and yoiu can download empty {i am not
sure but i guess so} pot files and begin translating

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/l10n/hi.php3

> > 	I have the KDE translator HOW-TO but am stuck on the UTF-8
> > 	and other such issues.
> You can do the translations but not test them.
cant you use yuedit and save the pot file. and how to add the font
file to kde so that the messages gets displayed.

--
Pankaj
$you = new YOU;