List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: References to text on buttons and menus
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-08-23 9:03:12

On Friday 23 August 2002 09:31, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> I may simply have a bad memory, but I find it difficult to
> translate strings like:
>
>   »... and then press the button "Keep Settings" to ...«
>
> My problem is that I am sometimes uncertain about which
> "Keep settings" button the text refers to, and how it was
> translated to Faroese.

Yes, this would be really great to have such a mechanism. I've forwarded your
email to the kde-docbook mailing list so we can start thinking at it.

For now, I encourage you to use the small script that is located in
	kde-i18n/
and named
	check_gui_texts
as it does something very close to what you are requesting.

Syntax is :
	./check_gui_texts <language> <documentation>

For example :
	./check_gui_texts da kolf

It's less automated than what you are requesting, but it still makes win a lot
of time... and is good for people with bad memory like you and me ;-).

--
Éric Bischoff