List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Kiten
From:       Jason Katz-Brown <jason () katzbrown ! com>(by way of Jason Katz-Brown <jason () katzbro
Date:       2002-07-24 23:45:14

Hello,
Sorry, I did not realize this list was required reading, I should subscribe=
=2E.
thanks to neil for pointing the thread out.
I know many many more Non-Japanese that use Kiten than Japanese people (may=
be
they are too quiet :) that use Kiten. Japanese seems to be a popular langua=
ge
(or at least the demand for looking up words), just because Anime and Manga
are popular. Not to mention a Chinese and German dictionary works as well.
However, I don't think this is the best reason; I don't really see a proble=
m.
If translators make claims that 99.9% of their users won't use an app, then
doesn't it make sense not to translate it? Well, sort of. I know people in
the Netherlands and Germany who use Kiten a lot. What does make sense is
translating Kiten to German, Chinese, and Japanese (well, I already did that
one :) because these are the languages that currently can be used with Kite=
n.
Perhaps it should be made more obvious that Kiten works with a few other
langauges?
The last thing I want, though, is translators feeling like they spent the
 last hour translating 200 messages for nothing. That wouldn't be good for
 anybody. Thanks,
Jason (author of kiten with neil in case nobody figured that one out :)