List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Copyright Note on .po files
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-24 9:17:59

Am Montag, 24. Juni 2002 08:44 schrieb Andrea Rizzi:
> > Andreas Pour came up with a suggestion that sounded good to me back then
> > (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=101064906704108&w=2).
>
> I think can use Andreas Pour statment with all translators involved in that
> translation listed. Of course we must use kbabel for this.
>
> # In addition to the copyright owners of the program which this translation
> # accompanies, this translation is
> # Copyright (C) YEAR TRANSLATOR
> # Copyright (C) YEAR TRANSLATOR2
> # Copyright (C) YEAR2 TRANSLATOR3
> # This translation is subject to the same Open Source license as the
> # program which it accompanies.
>
> It would also be nice to also add a line like:
> #This translation is part of the KDE i18n project.

And while we are at it, why not add another line with the URL of the
i18n server or the team page? ;-)

I forwarded this to Andreas, Chris Schläger and Martin Konold since they know
a lot more about the legalese involved than I do. Let's see if they have any
comments and/or objections.

Anyway, I would Stanislav if he can find a way to implement something like
this to the automatic header update in KBabel. It would also be great to have
a routine for correcting all files of a given language (either via Catalog
Manager or a script).

Regards,

Thomas

--