List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: new i18n language
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-05-19 18:51:15

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 05:18:11AM +0200, Ramon Casha wrote:
> You can translate KDE into any language as long as its alphabet can be
> represented in Unicode. In fact that is your main problem.

Not really, see my other e-mail. In short: Klingon can be romanised and
represented in the Enlighs alphabet.

> You only need "approval" for that language to be included in the KDE
> central distribution, but there's nothing to prevent you from translating
> it and making it available as a separate download from sourceforge or some
> other server.

Yes, but we would like to develop it within regular CVS. Not all languages
from the kde-i18n module are included into releases (just take 'xx' for
example) so it should be possible to work there without ending up as default
language. ;-)

Sure, stand-alone releases will be made with cvs2pack, if that works for
language modules as well.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap@capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much