List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    kdeedu - (again)
From:       Anne-Marie MAHFOUF <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-05-01 16:26:29

Hi all,

I worked on KLettres and tried to get it better i18n'ed using xmlGUI. At the
moment, only 2 languages are available for learning but I am ready to add
more if I can get the sounds and syllables. As soon as we have ogg sounds,
I'll install the sound files in the corresponding i18n packages.

Please do tell me if there are any problem on KLettres. For the doc, for
screenshots, is there a size we should choose?

I will now work on KLatin. Here the interface does not conform to KDE
standard like a "Okay" button and other. I'll fix that and check if each
button resizes properly to accept longer strings.
KLatin needs work on the interface, any hint welcomed.

i18n: KLatin uses at the moment data text files like
level_one.txt with:
puella
girl
puer
boy
magister
master
the even lines should be translated.
What I don't understand is if I have a script that takes these lines from
that file to put them in a dummy cpp file and then in the pot, how then will
the program be able to read the translations?
I am sorry to be so dumb...

Thanks again for your patience and your cooperation on that matter,

Anne-Marie