List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: i18n status pages (was: still kdeedu)
From:       Claudiu Costin <claudiuc () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-27 23:16:18

        Dear Stanislav,

On Vin 26 Apr 2002 12:04, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 26. April 2002 10:08 schrieb Stanislav Visnovsky:
> > > As you've said below, I seriously miss a status page like the GNOME
> > > one:
> > > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/unstable/status.shtml
> >
> > Hmm, can't say that I find this page too impressive. Would you really
> > like to do this kind of sideward scrolling for all the KDE teams? Or wait
> > for a single page to load which shows the status of _all_ files for _all_
> > teams?
>
> Important features I like:
>
> 1. overall status (we have this one already)
   Ok.

> 2. links to the teams pages
   Can be done easily.

> 3. possibility to download PO/POT
   Hmm... This require pages for every team and every package that contain
links to PO/POTs. Can be done but see below...

> Maybe the best solution would be to add a link to the team/package pages -
> for example, "kdebase Slovak translation", "kdenetwork Slovak
> translation", ... These would be not that large but they would include all
> the details (even about the non-PO files).

   I want more details. Send me privately.

> Stanislav

... and continuing.

   I've made testing to generate complete GUI statistics 'a la' KBabel. The processing
power which must be make daily is HUGE. That's not all. The grabbed data is inserted
on MySQL database and served dynamicaly with PHP. This again stress the i18n.kde.org
server to the limit where actual cron scripts, updates, site update simply will
push machine in trashing.

   As Thomas pointed out which stabilized my bias between full info and server performance,
it's handy for ranslators to have access to overall info and another level of detail,
building static HTML pages and no history (I mean no database backend).

kind regards,
--
Claudiu Costin, claudiuc@kde.org
Linux-KDE Romania http://www.ro.kde.org