List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: [kde-edu-devel] Re: still kdeedu
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-04-26 7:27:44

On Friday 26 April 2002 09:06, Robert Gogolok wrote:
> Then only the problem remain, that the GUI won't be in the language the
> user choosed for the words.

This is not acceptable. You must clearly separate the language of the
program's user interface and the language in which you play the game / learn
the lesson.

I've juste explained here how you can do that. Furthermore, I've explained how
to do this through the po mechanism, so this avoids the translators learn a
specific translation method with text files for each program they have to
translate.

The translation chain is a bit convoluted a programming must be carefully
done, yes, but it works. Again, see ktuberling for a practical example.