List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    very large dialogs when using Dutch translation
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinse () kde ! nl>
Date:       2002-03-25 22:44:11

Hi,
This is an issue that bothers me since kde 2.x:

In KDE some applications use very large dialogs (e.g. the find dialog in
kmail, the main window of kbabel while using autosearch in the translation
database, settings dialog of Konqueror...) those screen become so large that
they don't fit into a 800x600 screen.
I can't find any reason why this happens, the strings in those dialogs are
not bigger in Dutch compared to the English strings.

What could be causing this problem?

kind regards, Rinse