List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kwrite handbook
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-02-27 19:56:54

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 11:21, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2002 17:32, David Faure wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 February 2002 01:33, matthschulz wrote:
> > > Wasn't kwrite supposed to go sleep in favor of kate?
> >
> > Yes and no. Kate provides a simplified version of itself under the name
> > "KWrite".
>
> But is it worth keeping two handbooks? I was quite suprised to see a
> kwrite handbook.
The problem is that: kate has a emacs style mdi, kwrite not, kate has
filelist, kwrite not, kate has: fileselector, plugins, .... kwrite: not ;))
The problem would be, to get one handbook with both stuff inside, which would
cause to seperate the handbook in 2 areas: use kate, use kwrite
But I think having a doc for each app is much better (and the current kwrite
doc needed that much work ;)