List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: automatic layouting of dialogs vs translations requirements
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-25 20:22:57

On Monday 25 February 2002 10:58 am, Francois-Xavier Duranceau wrote:
> > Why not put a non-breaking space in the text?
> > It's the unicode character
> > 00A0, or simply QChar::nbsp;
>
> But how can I write them in the msgstr string? Can I have the following
> stuff?
>
> msgid "foo bar"
> msgstr "fooQChar::nbsp;bar"

All texts in KDE are in utf8 so you will need to include the utf8
representation of 00A0.

That happens to be "\302\240". (The 8-bit value 194 followed by the 8-bit
value 160) I am not sure if you can use this notation in a msgstr though.

I am sure someone on kde-i18n-doc can tell you.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer