List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Answer to Lauris mail
From:       Carsten Niehaus <cniehaus () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-01-27 23:51:48

Hi all.

I would like to present my thoughts about the entities in the doc
(like &microsoft;).

As we are approaching the final KDE3.0 I think NOW is the
perfect time to fix all know problems with it. I am especially
worried about the GUI. In the GUI are tons of application
names like Noatun/noatun instead of  and I am sure this
is the very same for MicroSoft (tm) and others.
Lauri told me that eg &microsoft; wouldn't work on the GUI.

Ok, so the only way out of it is this:
All translators should report the missuse of a trademark/application
name to somebody (Malcolm, Lauri, I don't know). As we
are now starting to proofread everything (at least I am) this is
really a good chance of cleaning up the mess. I am volunteering
for kde-multimedia (GUI).

Questions:
Is this realistic
To whom shall we report?