List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: RFC: new kioslave html error page system
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! cc ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-01-27 6:22:19

Thanks for your comments. I have since realised that these error messages
apply to some errors shown in dialog boxes as well, and that it is actually
easier for this to be done in the code with i18n(), for flexibility and
especially because many of the strings are repeated.

I now have another question: I wrote quite a bit of documentation yesterday,
about 400-500 lines at a rough guess. Much of it is on the same topic, and it
is quite verbose so you should find that keeping your translations in a
document nearby for easy cut-and-paste will help.  I would like to know if
this is considered to be too much at this point in time, considering that the
release is imminent? If so would you prefer I cut down the unnecessary bits,
or leave it for a later release? The documentation was recently committed to
kdelibs/kio/kio/global.cpp. If it is to stay, there will be a few more small
changes in the next day or so, so I'd advise not to start translations
immediately.

Cheers,

Hamish