List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: compiling docs
From:       Frederik Fouvry <fouvry () CoLi ! Uni-SB ! DE>
Date:       2001-12-20 10:29:09

,-- One day, you wrote:

[...]

| Then it means that Danish localization of style sheets is not as complete as
| German one.
|
| The procedure in such a case is
| a - to download latest version of Danish and English style sheets (for
| example from SourceForge, search for "docbook" project
| b - to add the entries that are in English but not in Danish
| c - to submit your changes to the maintainer of the SourceForge project
| (probably Norman Walsh)

Please do it in the XML source file (either both XML and SGML
files are generated from one source, or SGML is generated from
XML).  I doubt that Norm will integrate it if it's the wrong
version.
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/docbook/gentext/locale/)
Fortunately, you don't need the English files to see what has
changed.  Like our po-system, new entities are added
automatically to all languages.  Translators just have to go
through the file for their own language (in theory at least: you
may need some context).

If you submit a first translation, also work from the English
"source" file, for the same reasons.

Frederik