List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Tools with UTF-8 support
From:       "Eugene Zelenko" <greendeath () mail ! ru>
Date:       2001-11-21 0:05:20

Hi!

I'm sorry, may be my question have very trivial answer but I'm really novice in
KDE translation.

I want to add flag/country information for Belarus. I need to edit
entry.desktop file in UTF-8 encoding. I tried several editor which come with my
Red Hat 7.2 (KDE 2.2.1) - XEmacs/Emacs/Kate/Advanced Editor but they didn't
display content of file correctly. Ironically, but MS IE 5.5 do this better.

Can you recommend best way to work with UTF-8 encoded files?

With best regards,
Eugene.

PS

Sorry for my English :-)