List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Kiten + font handling issues
From:       "Tamas Szanto" <tszanto () mol ! hu>
Date:       2001-11-20 9:57:46

> Kiten.pot just showed up in kdenonbeta. What is that? It looks very
> specialized something about English/Japanese stuff. Is that really a
> program that needs to get translated
>
> Erik

I think it's a Kanji tutor for students of Japanese. Interesting stuff
(I'm studying Japanese too).

Two more suggestions for improving font handling:

1) You can choose which fonts you want to use in the
file manager and the desktop (in the File browsing and Desktop control
modules). Apparently KDE selects the first suitable font in alphabetic
order by default, which is not the best solution (after a default install
this font in my system is "adobe-courier"). It would be better to put
[ ] Use customized font
options here, and by default use the generic font from the Fonts control
module.

2) I think a new page should be added to KPersonalizer which would contain
an overview of the the KDE font settings, plus customization options like
[ ] Use only high-quality (TrueType, ...) fonts
This could significantly simplify setting up the KDE environment for
newbies.

Tamas Szanto
tszanto@mol.hu
the Hungarian i18n team