List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Documentation headers overwrite page titles - again
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-30 18:29:07

On Sunday 30 September 2001 15:03, Andrej Vernekar wrote:
> I've reported about this few weeks ago and now someone
> else has found the same errors (now with KDE 2.2.1 rpm
> for SuSE 6.4):

> For some reason the documentation header overwrites the
> page titles or parts of the first paragraph. Our kde-localised.css
> contains only
>
> :lang(sl) { }
>
> so it shouldn't be the source of the error (?).

Do you have a localised copy of kde-default.css?  If you do, and you remove
it, does the problem correct itself?  This file should not exist in the i18n
directories.

In the i18n common/ directory, should be only files that are customised or
localised from the defaults - and these customisations should only be in the
kde-localised.css file, or replacement images.

Unless there are objections, I'll go through the i18n tree and remove these
duplicate css files.  The problem above (where the body text starts to
display under the headers, several lines too early) result from an old copy
of kde-default.css in every single case.
> Problem no.2:
> Non ASCII characters in the glossary are still displayed as
> "?". Changes in the encoding don't help. This was also
> reproduced.

Is it only in the glossary?  So the other pages display ok?

For those of you having problems, I have a question:

Could you please tell me, are you using XFS to serve fonts?  If you turn off
XFS, and ensure your default sans-serif and default HTML font for the
encoding is one that contains the correct characters (arial is a good one to
test with) - does this problem go away?

In nearly every case I've had reported, using the MS Webfonts, and turning
off XFS, makes these characters display correctly.  Some more confirmation
would be good.

--
Lauri Watts