List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE 3 & Farsi
From:       Arash Zeini <kde () farsikde ! com>
Date:       2001-09-12 15:17:36

On Saturday 08 September 2001 18:39 pm, Arash Zeini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My first attempt to use a Farsi font under KDE 3 was not very successful. I
> simply don't see the characters I type. I will try more and report
> tomorrow.
>
> Can anybody from the Hebrew or Arab list give a feedback on their
> experience!

A short note on the progress, we have made since then:
With the great help of the KDE community, we were able to solve some of the
problems and now we are able to use Farsi on KDE with QT3.
If you are interested in the issue, visit:

http://www.farsikde.com/resources.html and
http://www.farsikde.com/keyboard.html

for some screenshots and a mini-HOWTO on what we did and how it works.

Thanks again to all of you.

Regards,
Arash

--