List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kfm not resolving URI correctly
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-22 1:25:49

On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 01:30:52AM +0100, Torben Weis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >From what I heared from windows users you are making your life too easy
> :-)
>
> In one of the mails I got somebody told me, that host OR share may
> have defaults. I hope that somebody tells me that this is wronge, because
> the default host is easy to describe: Just dont use //
>
> samba:/share/path
>
> But what to do if the share has a default ?
>
> smb://host/xyz
>
> may be the default share with host xyz or the share xyz with no special
> path. That is damn ugly!
Then it could be smb://host/share/xyz with share optionnal
so that's smb://host//xyz  for a default share
      and smb://host/share for a default

(Never heard of default shares, BTW...)

> But perhaps my information is wrong. In addition I heared that they have
> workgroups which are somehow represented, too .....
A workgroup could be a configuration item, like it is in Windows.
Except that you don't have to reboot when you change it ;)

> It may be more tricky then you think.
I can see that, now ;)

> On your topic David:
>
> Our problem WAS to discuss how to handle URLs like //www.kde.org.
> I dont see any open points here anymore.
Well, what do I answer to M. Smith ?
That it will be supported in 2.0, not in 1.1.1 ?
[because you add it to KURL]

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org