List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kfm not resolving URI correctly
From:       Torben Weis <weis () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-03-21 23:48:15

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, David Faure wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 21, 1999 at 06:02:00PM -0500, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > David, my appologies.  You are correct in saying that we should not mix issues
> > since in this particular case they have to be handeled differently.  In fact, I
> > think they have to be solved as suggested by Torben, which is in KURL.
> Agreed.
>
> > However, I want you to know that the issue is still valid if the user chooses
> > the URL stated above in the location box.
> Well, theorically yes. But who will enter '//www.kde.org' instead of
> 'www.kde.org' ? It's longer, and nobody knows about that strange way of
> writing an URL. One must be a RFC addicted to know that.
>
> So I'm ok for handling such links, but not such users' entry.
>
> What's more, at some point, we might want to handle //server as a samba
> server - which is not in the URL RFC, so .... ;)

But that is an interesting topic. i got several malings last year about
samba like URLs but all suggestions had real problems.

Could someone on this list give me/us a short explanation on how windows
addresses ressources on some server ? I remember they had something with
groups etc.

Bye
Torben

... who is no windows expert ... what a luck :-)