List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: KMultiPanner
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-12 20:07:17

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 08:08:14PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> David wrote the QSplitter stuff in Konqy, so I think it's up to him to
> decide, I myself are now very used to QSplitter/KMultipanner, so I can't
s/now/not/ probably
> say very much here, except:

> If KMultiPanner helps making things easier in regard to the management of
> the rows/geometry/'n stuff we should try/use it.
I'm afraid it would be more difficult, because the more possibilities it
offers, the more difficult it is for us to present them to the user.
I don't see how the menu items for creating new views would look like.
But if somebody has an idea, please speak up.

> And if QSplitter remains
> as buggy as David mentioned we've got a second reason ;-)
Well, I don't understand what happens :
With the qsplitter example in Qt, everything works fine.
But when konqueror uses it, everything is broken. (I have gray areas,
blinking treeview sort of hidden behind the area, ...)

It's the embedding of OPFrame into QSplitter that doesn't work.
So it seems to me that the problem is rather in Openpart, or in the way
konqueror uses it...

...to be investigated.

--
David FAURE