List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: konqueror components
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-02-19 10:28:08

rupert THURNER wrote:
> so i would have both
> with one click, (1) name and location, and (2) template/structure and,
> additionally, (3) using an already open existing application which opens
> a new window on the current kwm-desktop.

[snip]

> > Most of the time you start an application to create "xyz" and when you
> > are done, you think of a nice place to store it.

[snip]

> the reason for this is that (2) and (3) above are not (well) supported,
> and i thought KOM/OP is one of the possibilities to change that.

Yes you have a very valid point here. konqueror should integrate 1,2 and
3.

> rupert (wondering also if waldo was ever wrong in his life ....).

I'm very happy that you all like the things I come up with, but creating
an
image of a person "who is always right" does not help anyone: It will
turn
me into a very arrogant person and others will stop thinking when I
propose
something because they assume that it is "right" because I said it. The
last
thing we need is a bunch of sheep (*).

Cheers,
Waldo
--
(*) My dog disagrees here, he is very fond of sheep and would like to
have some.