List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: PartChild(Mode)
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-02-18 17:26:49

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
(...)
>Well, the mail view example would _NOT_ flicker because the mail view has to
>inherit from KonqView in order to be a fully qualified Konqueror View. And
>since every KonqView would be a part child of KonqMainView (if it's embedded in
>there) and every KonqView has an assigned "shared" KonqGui there I can't see any
>problem :-)

Excuse me if I say somethin stupid now; My knowledge of konquerror/parts is
_very_ limeted (for now)

Unless I got something wrong, you want konquerror to be able to show various
documents by "embedding" the original viewer.

In this (mail) example konquerror should embed/swallow another application;
kmail (or koutlook, or...) but that mail application should be able to live
without konquerror (i.e. have own main window, *Bars and stuff).

Konquerror should just steal kmail's toolbars and main view. The same I belive
goes for viewing pictures or any document with specialized viewer/application.

Is that right?

Otherwise, creating another mailer/image viewer/... that can live only in
konquerror wouldn't make much sense; even if konquerror is able to be a global
graphics shell for every kde application.

If we want to create such a shell than it should go into libs, and not be
called konquerror.

Or did I miss the point completely?

As for *Bars: I might do some support for that in kdeui (KTM, K*Bar...)
--
Sven Radej     radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org